South Dakota Disc Golf

A network for South Dakota disc golf

League play? any groups that play often?

Can't wait till it warms up a few degrees and throw some discs.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is usually a Wednesday night singles league and a Sunday doubles league. Last year the singles league was PDGA sanctioned, not sure if that is happenng again this year, though. Just keep checking this site because there will be an announcement when league will be starting up again.
Sounds good. That was what I was thinking. What is the turnout for these last year?
There were usually 15 - 20 for singles. Not too sure about doubles, I only made it to a couple of those but there was usually about 10 or more the times I played. I think that having our league mostly at Big Sioux kinda hurt the numbers in turnout. It is probably the toughest course in the state and on top of that there is a park entrance fee, though some of us would park on the road sometimes and take a trail in. Hopefully this year it's a different story. I know some people don't like Big Sioux because it isn't a grip and rip course like Tuthill, it is way more technical. That course will make you a way better player because you need every kind of shot for that course. There are a few ripper holes, but even those demand accuracy whereas at Tuthill you can play every hole knowing only one type of throw.

Don't need to start a debate but it is interesting that you think Big Sious is the toughest course in the State.

Discgabb, 

What, in your opinion is the hardest course in the state?  Of the ones I've played, Big Sioux in the long layout would be mine so far. Granted, I haven't played Pageant hill or spear fish canyon yet (hope to soon).

Also, are we talking just score here? Physically challenging? I was thinking just score.

This is an interesting topic with, i'm sure, lots of differing opinions. hopefully we can keep it friendly. :-)

Pageant Hill isn't too strenuous and definitely not as hard as Big Sioux. I had no trouble shooting under par on that course. Haven't played the Spearfish Canyon course yet, but I plan to hopefully make it there sometime this summer. I think what makes Big Sioux so tough is the high demand on accuracy and how unforgiving it can be if you don't hit your lines. The only courses I have played that are tougher were the courses in North Carolina during Worlds last summer. This is just my opinion though:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

A place to connect and organize South Dakota disc golf players and tournaments.

Members

Latest Activity

Paul King is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Aug 11, 2016
Tom McManus is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Aug 5, 2016
Rollie Hotchkin is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Jun 14, 2016
Dennis Boese replied to Dennis Boese's discussion Hills Mn Rez Park disc golf
"I did the tees and signage. It isn't top notch stuff but it is easier to find your way around the course. I have maps w/scorecards hanging at the Res shelter or download a map on my SDDGA profile. Everything is color coded, (yellow for Reg…"
Jun 9, 2016

© 2017   Created by Brady Laue.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service