South Dakota Disc Golf

A network for South Dakota disc golf

Hello all. I frequent the Sioux Falls area despite being from the Twin Cities and I was wondering if there are going to be any sanctioned tourneys in South Dakota this year. Nothing yet on the PDGA page, although I know not all the tourneys have sent in their requests. Just trying to plan out my year.

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is usually a Big Sioux Shootout in Brandon and a Sioux Falls Open, both C-tiers. Just check back periodically on this site for announcements.

The State rep for PDGA has always in couraged me to sanction my event but I simply have not done so. My course is in the Black Hills. Genreally the eastern players do not travel west to play. Would sanctioning change some of that? I have been getting ND players but MN seems a long way off. I don't have anything against sanctioning I just know it if would add value to my event. Let me know what you think.

I can't speak for SD players, but just hitting up the east side of SD, I would not be able to make the trip all the way to the West of SD. I'm all for sanctioning, but changing it or not would not affect my ability to make the trip there personally. I'm super interested in the Sioux Falls area (Tuthill and Big Sioux). I really love the Big Sioux course and think its a true gem! I just love the tourney scene and cannot wait to play some rounds in Sioux Falls!

Hi, the Big Sioux Disc Golf Club will be running sanctioned tournaments at both the Big Sioux and Tuthill this summer. The Sioux Falls Open at Tuthill park will most likely be Jazz Fest weekend (saturday July 20th). I am just waiting to make sure I get the 19th and 20th off work. This will also give people a chance to attend some great shows at the Jazzfest Th, Fr, and Sat nights. As far as the Big Sioux Shootout goes, I am waiting to see how the weather is this spring, as the course is prone to flooding. If we do not get major flooding, I will probably run it in May, then shoot for a second sanctioned tournament there in the late summer or fall. Please stay posted on this site.

John Wheeler

pdga #  16411

Big Sioux Disc Golf Club 

John, we should get together and discuss the possibility of doing a state doubles tournament this year.

Trevor Boehne and I will be running a spring Adrian tournament again this year.

The only thing that is set is the date: March 30th.

It will probably be pretty close to the same deal as what we did last year.  More details coming soon.

Hi Les, i finally got ariund to responding. Just give me a call this weekend and we can talk.

Les McLarty said:

John, we should get together and discuss the possibility of doing a state doubles tournament this year.

John, 

Since it looks like the big sioux may not flood this spring. Do you have a more firm date for the big sioux shootout?  Thanks!

I was looking at the last weekend in May. We should be able to get the course cleaned up by then. I'll let you know when I finalize this.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

A place to connect and organize South Dakota disc golf players and tournaments.

Members

Latest Activity

Paul King is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Aug 11, 2016
Tom McManus is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Aug 5, 2016
Rollie Hotchkin is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Jun 14, 2016
Dennis Boese replied to Dennis Boese's discussion Hills Mn Rez Park disc golf
"I did the tees and signage. It isn't top notch stuff but it is easier to find your way around the course. I have maps w/scorecards hanging at the Res shelter or download a map on my SDDGA profile. Everything is color coded, (yellow for Reg…"
Jun 9, 2016

© 2017   Created by Brady Laue.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service