South Dakota Disc Golf

A network for South Dakota disc golf

Greetings from the warm west river!

Don Altmyer and the rest of the Spearfish club are interesting in hosting 2013 SD States and possibly 2014 as well. Their 18 hole Canyon course rocks! They are planning to expand it to the first 27 hole disc golf course in the state this season!

This event would include the help of our Rapid City club, the BHDGC.

In fairness, are there any other SD clubs interested in hosting this event?

In most clubs I know clubs, the Masters and Grand-masters are doing the bulk of the disc golf work, they deserve a shout out of thanks!

We need some new blood to help out. Step up if you have not done so yet!

Thank you to all who help with events, leagues and all the other tasks to create the disc golf world we now enjoy!

Renew your PDGA membership for 2013 yet?

Feel free to contact me directly about events, new courses to update in the directory, old courses removed, potential new courses to build etc...

If you need help proposing, designing or building a course, it is a passion for me to help expand this sport in South Dakota.

Fly freely!

Your SD State PDGA Coordinator for 2013.

Scott Caesar

Rapid City,SD

rambleon06@yahoo.com

www.blackhillsdiscgolf.com

Views: 459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would be great! I can't wait to play the new course.

Hopefully by 2015 we will have a course in at Great Bear, and thus 3 nice courses 6 or 7 miles apart. Hopefully we can get a group of us together by then to consider hosting states in Sioux Falls. I agree whole-heartedly about needing more TDs around the state. I plan to run 2-3 sanctioned tournaments this year at the Big Sioux and Tuthill Park, and really am going to need some help to do the kind of job we should be doing as a club. Hats off to all of you in Rapid City that have run such well organized State tournaments over the years! Also to Doug and Brady, who did a great job here in `09 and `10, and the Pierre crew the previous 2 years.

John Wheeler

The Sharpe Shooters Disc Golf Club has seen tremendous growth in the last year in Pierre.  Last year we installed new tee pads on the front 9 at Oahe Downstream and our plan is to finish the back 9 this summer.  We are also working with the city to completely renovate our 18 hole Steamboat course that was damaged with the flood.  In the spring we will have all 18 holes with new tee pads, signage, etc. completed at Steamboat.  Our local YMCA is offering leagues this summer and our club is going to offer a few tournaments in 2013. 

Look for a bunch of our players to get out and attend events in your city in 2013.

We would fully support and attend the state tournament if held in Spearfish in 2013, but would like to be considered for the host site in 2014. 

We could use some help here in Huron Scott.  Sent you an email.  Our Park and Rec department wants to expand and improve a small 9 hole course in town.  They need a plan and some guidance.  There seems to be a bit of a Disc Golf community here in town, but it would be more so if our course was a little more fun and playable.  Even moving the current pins would be an improvement since half of them tend to be flooded and surrounded by water after the snow melts.  Looking for some help folks.  Any is appreciated!  Thanks!

- Joshua 

lets get this going in Sioux falls this year :)

I missed last year's States in Rapid City and would love to play the new Canyon course. I heard great things about it. Although it's a drive, it's definitely worth it! You guys out there do a great job every time. I would like to thank all of you guys that step up and not just the Black HIlls Crew but Pierre guys, and Sioux Falls Club (Wheeler, Doug, Brady, Justin). I really do appreciate you guys keeping things going in South Dakota!

With that said wherever States are I look forward to it!

And we welcome you and your road crew!

It is a drive...glad the fuel prices have dropped some.

Excellent news!

I always liked Pierre for events as it was centrally located with good people and fun courses!

Please update this website and pass on the info the blackhillsdiscgolf.com as well.

Should be a busy Summer season!

Jeff Filipek said:

The Sharpe Shooters Disc Golf Club has seen tremendous growth in the last year in Pierre.  Last year we installed new tee pads on the front 9 at Oahe Downstream and our plan is to finish the back 9 this summer.  We are also working with the city to completely renovate our 18 hole Steamboat course that was damaged with the flood.  In the spring we will have all 18 holes with new tee pads, signage, etc. completed at Steamboat.  Our local YMCA is offering leagues this summer and our club is going to offer a few tournaments in 2013. 

Look for a bunch of our players to get out and attend events in your city in 2013.

We would fully support and attend the state tournament if held in Spearfish in 2013, but would like to be considered for the host site in 2014. 

Paul Kremin has called me too about helping your course get a facelift.

I hope the email was helpful!

Joshua Muehlbauer said:

We could use some help here in Huron Scott.  Sent you an email.  Our Park and Rec department wants to expand and improve a small 9 hole course in town.  They need a plan and some guidance.  There seems to be a bit of a Disc Golf community here in town, but it would be more so if our course was a little more fun and playable.  Even moving the current pins would be an improvement since half of them tend to be flooded and surrounded by water after the snow melts.  Looking for some help folks.  Any is appreciated!  Thanks!

- Joshua 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

A place to connect and organize South Dakota disc golf players and tournaments.

Members

Latest Activity

Paul King is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Aug 11, 2016
Tom McManus is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Aug 5, 2016
Rollie Hotchkin is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Jun 14, 2016
Dennis Boese replied to Dennis Boese's discussion Hills Mn Rez Park disc golf
"I did the tees and signage. It isn't top notch stuff but it is easier to find your way around the course. I have maps w/scorecards hanging at the Res shelter or download a map on my SDDGA profile. Everything is color coded, (yellow for Reg…"
Jun 9, 2016

© 2017   Created by Brady Laue.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service