South Dakota Disc Golf

A network for South Dakota disc golf

2012 Singles league will be starting this Wednesday March 14th.

• Starts at 5:30 sharp.
  • Cost 5 dollars per week plus 10 up front for the PDGA sanctioning. If you want to play for free, you can just show up and play with us for free, but you won't get rated rounds or be eligible for prizes. 
  • Big Sioux in Brandon, SD will be the course for this league.
  • Hopefully we'll have enough people to offer three skill divisions (intermediate, advanced, pro/open).

Hope to see many of you out there! 

Views: 1526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How does weather come into play?  check the website? should we designate a weather discussion?

Typically we play in all conditions except severe storms and pouring rain.  If the weather looks crappy to disc in, most people just won't show up.. so, if you feel like it might suck to play.. odds are most everyone else will feel the same and league turnout will be poor. 

As far as the sanctioned league, it would be beneficial to play all 10 weeks of it (remember, the sanctioned stuff starts on April 4th, not this coming Wednesday) but only your top 5 weeks count towards the end standings. So, you should be sure to make it at least 5 times if you choose to participate. 

Tate Nettestad said:

How does weather come into play?

I know it wasn't sanctioned, but how did the first day of league turn out?

I'll be there tomorrow.  Hope to see a bunch out there.

After talking to a few people, it sounds like a popular idea to try to set up a temp course at Perry Nature Area off of Hwy 42. Sounds like Wilson and some guys are willing to set it up for us. Only thing we need to make sure we have is 9 available baskets. I have a Discatcher sports, so that's 1, who else out there has baskets we can use? We need to figure out if this is going to work now, so we're not waiting until the last day to decide.

I like that thought!

Hopefully it goes over well and we aren't "asked to leave" before the rounds can be completed. They just stuck a ton of money into that place and might be a little protective of it. Maybe I'm too pessimistic... 

Justin Faber said:

After talking to a few people, it sounds like a popular idea to try to set up a temp course at Perry Nature Area off of Hwy 42. Sounds like Wilson and some guys are willing to set it up for us. Only thing we need to make sure we have is 9 available baskets. I have a Discatcher sports, so that's 1, who else out there has baskets we can use? We need to figure out if this is going to work now, so we're not waiting until the last day to decide.

i dont think putting a course there is a good idea either. its not the sort of activity the area is intended for. not that i really believe playing there would hurt anything. i personally think a regular multiple use park area would be a much better option. i would rather play a sanctioned round not having to worry about the cops being called. we need to be realistic in our thinking about this sort of stuff. you cant just play a round anywhere just because it has nice terrain and features. if someone talks to the sf patks dept ahead of time and gets permission, then ill come. otherwise, no.

what about tomar park? many of us have layed out holes or played tree golf down in that area.

alright, so Perry Nature Area is out. We'll probably just go Tut-Hill for this Wednesday. Has anyone been out to Big Sioux in the last few days to see how the water is receeding? I was out there Weds/Thurs night last week and just between the two days it was down several feet, so I'd imagine it should go down semi-quickly.

I'm with Wheeler for going to Tomar. Tut is probably going to be busy since the weather will be nice. There won't be any people to wait on at Tomar.

tuthill would be a good option. we have a long history of pdga rated rounds there. it would be interesting to see how league rounds compare. i would be all for playing a temp course wherever people decide to and have time to set it up. i wont have time, we are going back to ten hour days. bummer! i do have a portable innova basket and a lightning d5 if needed.

i didnt get out by the big sioux. hopefully it will dry up in a couple weeks time.

I have an innova sport basket.
If we are going to set up a temp course at Tomar, we need to make sure of two things. 1. That we have 9 baskets available before we commit to it, we dont' want to have 5-6 baskets and have to move them the entire night between holes, and #2. we need to make sure that this idea is popular with everyone that plays league, remember that if we only have 5-6 guys show up we lose our propogators and we can't include it as part of our sanctioned league, I know it's not the end of the world, but we're paying for it so we might as well make sure we use it. So far it looks like this.....

Justin - 1 Discatcher Sport
Tate - 1 Discatcher Sport
Wheeler - 2 - Innova Sport , Lighting D5
Les - 1 Innova Sport

If anyone else has baskets that we can get together, let me know, see if we can get that total up to 9. Also is there for sure someone who can committ to showing up early and setting up the baskets? If we're voting, I'm always going to vote for the temp course or less crowded course, I hate dealing with waiting and people throwing on you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

A place to connect and organize South Dakota disc golf players and tournaments.

Members

Latest Activity

Paul King is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Aug 11, 2016
Tom McManus is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Aug 5, 2016
Rollie Hotchkin is now a member of South Dakota Disc Golf
Jun 14, 2016
Dennis Boese replied to Dennis Boese's discussion Hills Mn Rez Park disc golf
"I did the tees and signage. It isn't top notch stuff but it is easier to find your way around the course. I have maps w/scorecards hanging at the Res shelter or download a map on my SDDGA profile. Everything is color coded, (yellow for Reg…"
Jun 9, 2016

© 2017   Created by Brady Laue.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service